Pages

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Last-second heroics

Still reading a lot. Finished John Damascene's "Three Treatises on the Divine Images" which is essentially an iconodule argument. Personally I'm not sure where to take that one still, even after reflection on it. Started a book called "Christian Theology" by Alister E. McGrath, one chapter in and I'm enjoying it.

A lot is going on. Whitney worked nearly 70 hours last week and I am still without a job and wondering about the wisdom behind getting one. There's a job opening on campus for a sound technician that's only 1- or so hours per week that I'm perfectly suited for, except for a 10 minute block at the beginning and end of the shift (classes). Anyway, Whitney is wonderful and I wouldn't be able to do any of this without her; wouldn't want to even if I could.

I'm learning a lot these day, more than I ever have before. I'm learning in school, learning to be a husband, learning to be responsible with money and health. Learning to balance a large number of responsibilities and just trying not to "drop the ball."

Not to be mean, I just don't want to end up like this kid, jump to 1:25 to see what I mean:



-Caleb Williams

No comments: