Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fried Oreos and fall in Dallas

Rain, rain ... has finally gone away, for a day or two at least. The weather here is brilliant, I sat outside on campus for an hour today and read 50 pages out of a textbook and I feel good.

In case you can't tell, it is officially fall here in Dallas--day four to be exact--and I couldn't be happier. Don't get me wrong, I love summer, but there's only so much heat you can take before you boil away. I do have to say, I miss fall in Oklahoma, hopefully Dallas is far enough north to enjoy the season.

In Houston there is no fall, only seven or so days of moderate weather in December, then "cold" (not the good, bundle yourself in a jacket and scarf cold). There is no months-long gradation of green to auburn, you just wake up and things are a bizarre combination of grey and brown. Here's hoping fall in Dallas is closer to fall in Oklahoma.

In fall, a real, honest-to-goodness fall, coffee becomes even more a blessing. I am currently doing a study on the effects of coffee on the body at 5:40 in the morning, analysis so far: It helps considerably. And if the smell of coffee isn't enough to convince you of God's existence, it's effects should be.

Another gift of God: Deep-fried Oreos.



Don't knock it until you've tried it. The things are yet another wonderful concoction from the brilliant--and arterially clogged--people at the Texas State Fair. These same people proudly brought you deep-fried butter. Don't worry, I respect my body too much to even approach that counter.



That's all for now, time to read, then on to Intro to Theology at 1 p.m.

-Caleb Williams

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Having lived in Houston and Dallas, I would say Dallas is much more similar to Oklahoma than to Houston. Be encouraged. :-)