Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

On motivation and whatever

Rain.

Rain.

Rain.

Rain.

It's killing my desire to be productive. I'm the kind of person who likes to fall asleep listening to the splattering of rain on the window, so rain makes me want to avoid work. It's not so much that I want to go to sleep, far from it actually. I just don't want to work.

I began writing a paper the other day, a textbook review on St. John of Damascus' "Three Treatises on the Divine Images," but about a paragraph into the paper, I realized I don't know Turabian Style. They're making me use footnotes. That's a complete waste of space.

I read 100 pages of "Inerrancy" edited by Norman L. Geisler yesterday. Today, I've read about 30 so far. The book is a collection of essays, around 450 pages or so, on the topic of, gasp, biblical inerrancy. I was floating through the book really well until the 5th essay, where the author lost me about half of the way through. I got his main point, don't get me wrong, but about a third of the essay was gibberish. Not that it was drivel, I'm just not well-read enough to understand the complexities of the point the author was trying to make.



Don't wear house shoes in the rain, you'll just end up disappointed. And soggy.

My mind is scattered right now, that's why I'm writing. In case anyone was wondering.

We're having roast for dinner tonight and I have to say, I think a more effective means of "harsh interrogation" than water boarding would be forcing a hungry person to smell a roast cooking.

Two-hours and 22 minutes to go, make a wish.

-Caleb Williams

No comments: